Thursday, January 20, 2011

{Party Inspiration} Painter's Palette Cupcakes

I love it when I come across "something" that instantly puts fun new party ideas into my head and inspires me to create. It's even better when that something comes from local talent. Last week I came across a picture taken by Kristin of Kristin's Creative Cakery, a new local business that specializes in buttercream creations. I immediately fell in love with and was inspired by Kristin's Painter's Palette Cupcakes and wanted to share them with my readers. Aren't they fabulous!



Kristin created these cupcakes for her daughter's pottery painting birthday party. Did I mention how much I LOVE them? Kristin took a simple idea and turned it into something that is really creative and fun. Luckily for me, Kristin agreed let us in on how she created these inspiring Painter's Palette Cupcakes (I was really curious about the paintbrush).

Kristin used buttercream frosting that she dyed in various colors to top the cupcakes. She then placed them on palettes that she ordered from Blick Art Supplies (you should be able to find these at any craft store). The paint brush's handle was made from a bread stick and the bristles were made from shredded tootsie rolls, which she first flattened with a rolling pin (use corn starch to prevent sticking) and then cut into strips. Finally, the red ring around the brush is a piece of Fruit By the Foot. Easy to DIY and super creative. LOVE it!





You can visit Kristin's Creative Cakery on Facebook here to see more of what this new business has to offer. Thanks for the inspiration, Kristin! I see a paint-themed party somewhere in my future.

4 comments: