Sunday, January 22, 2012

Easy Valentine's Ice Cream Sandwiches

Here is an easy idea for a sweet treat this Valentine's Day. Instead of cupcakes this year, why not make Valentine's Ice Cream Sandwiches! 



My kids had been asking me to try to make ice cream sandwiches so I decided that Valentine's Day would be a great occasion to try out these new sweet treats. I am usually a homemade cookie kinda girl but I saw these Pillsbury Ready To Bake Hearts cookies in the store the other day and thought that they would be perfect for making Valentine's Ice Cream Sandwiches. To make, I simply baked the Hearts cookies according to the package directions and let cool completely, about 1 hour.


Once cooled, I took a scoop of strawberry ice cream, placed it on the bottom of one cookie, and gently pressed another cookie on top to make a sandwich. I used my finger (it was clean!) to run along the sides of the ice cream and cookie to make it smooth and to remove any ice cream overflow. Next,  I placed the sandwiches in the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden before wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and freezing for storage.


You could, of course, use homemade cookies to create your own version of this yummy treat. I personally just liked the Valentine's Hearts and the easiness of this "recipe".  Have fun and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. wow...it's a very cute treat for valentines day...simple yet it comes from the heart...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE "recipes" like this, and they are too cute!! Featured you on my blog today :) Feel free to come check it out!
    http://artsyfartsymama.blogspot.com/2012/01/pinteresting-features-n-shtuff-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I'm quite sure I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!
    Ecr4kids 10 Inc School Stack Chair Matching Powder Coated Legs Blue w and Glide

    ReplyDelete